• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Paragon trip

brokexj

NAXJA Member #1165
OK, I'm driving the jeep from VA to Staten Island, then to Paragon and back. I have changed all fluids, spark plugs, brakes. etc. UCA's and LCA's are adjustables so not sure stock ones would help as a spare. Below is my list of parts, anything I'm missing and need to get?

Spare parts:
L&R axle front axle shafts
Driveshaft (work front & rear)
Complete steering setup
6 U-joints
1 unit bearing
Serp belt
2 gal ATF, 1 gal Gear oil, 2 gal Antifreez/water, 1 gal oil, pint of brake fluid, qt of ps fluid, JB weld, gas tank repair, rad stop leak, extra cap for rad, at least 2 ft of every size hose (vacuum and all). Fuses, hose clamps, tie wraps, extra bolts of all flavors, hose repair sleeves etc.
I'm not trying to beat it, but Murphy always said if it can break, it will.

Tire repair plugs,extra brake hose,Rear axle(s) or at least bearing&seal.
Wayne

Thanks for the ideas. I didn't pick up any rear axles the other day so anybody up that way got some spare 31 spline 8.8 axles lying around, just in case? Got the tire plug kit with some extras, extra front brakeline, full size spare. I can pick up a wheel bearing and seal from AZ tomorrow on the way out.

Two oil filters and enough oil for two oil changes as well as a drain pan. PAP also requires a flag so if you have one bring it otherwise you will need to buy one at the office. Add fireextinguisher, first aid kit, something to keep food in and put garbage in afterwards. There are small gas n go's for food near the enterance but they are a might pricey so get your vittles ahead of time.
Who you going out with ?
Check out BMJA's web site and see if anybodys going this weekend, next weekend is the club dinner, dec 10th, so I don't think there will be a club ride that weekend.

Yeah, got a 5lb extinquisher in the jeep, 2 sets of FA kits (I'm a paramedic), P/u 2 more qts of oil and filter so should be good there, have to figure out how to fit a drain pan in there. Also got an air source. Got the cooler with the foodstuffs and a thermos for the coffee. Trash bags and HD gallon ziplocks for oil and such. I will be going with my brother (shhhh, he's in a YJ). Going to have to get a flag up there because I'm not driving around to the sporting good stores to find one because the j/o on the phone is still surprised they're at work.

Back