• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Pressure for 30x9.5 Mud Terrain Tires (Goodyear MT/R)

Probably 28 to 30 psi, but there isn't really any good pressure for running mud tires on the highway, because they aren't intended as highway tires and they don't last long when run on the highway.

i have 33" MTRs on my rig, if you rotate them every oil change and keep the tire pressure constant..... you can get really good mileage out of them. Try putting a line of chalk from the edge to edge of your tire tread, then drive a block and check if the line is wearing in the middle(too much PSI), wearing on the sides(not enough PSI), adjust until the line wears evenly. oh and their not mud terrains they are maximum traction/reinforced---mt/r's arent that great in the mud....better for rocks

it means that you need to adjust it for your truck. All tires are a bit different. an AT 30x9.5 would take a different pressure to wear properly than your MT. Do as suggested and check the wear with a chalk line.

I've been running 30x9.5 mtr's on my cherokee at 40psi since I got them and they have been wearing great. I have 27k on the tires and they still have about 60% tread left! :)

FUNKYTEE5 said:
I've been running 30x9.5 mtr's on my cherokee at 40psi since I got them and they have been wearing great. I have 27k on the tires and they still have about 60% tread left! :)

Did you mean 30 psi?

40 sounds way too high, for an XJ atleast. It would sound right if you had them on something heavier like a full size truck.

Anyway, as said before, play around with it. And there really is no set pressure. You can put a little more air in for better mileage or a little out for a smoother ride, as long as the entire tread is sitting flat on the ground and wearing evenly.

I ran my 235/75-15's at 30psi and my 31x10.50 Michilens I run at 26psi. Generally, the larger tire, the less air you need.

Back