• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone down around San Diego...

Phil

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
who might be able to look at a Jeep for me? I found one on Autotrader.com, and I'd like to get someone to take a look at it before I go all the way down there. That way, I wouldn't go down there and end up not getting a good Jeep. I'll even pay for your gas and time if it all works out, or if it doesn't. Thanks.

it's cheap and I haven't seen any other around for so cheap. Also, I wouldn't mind getting out for a weekend.
:D I am young and stupid enough to think that saving a couple hundred dollars is worth a six hundred mile drive:D

Last edited:
It's a white 1990 sport two door XJ, with the 4.0, auto, 4x4, and "high" (?) miles. He's asking $1600, but I would try for lower than that. Unless, of course, someone else found one set up like that and similarly cheap, and closer to N. Cal. Have you got anything like that you could cut me a deal on?

There is one out here in Borrego Springs for about $2300. Looks to me to be worth it..always buy with caution. The old line that you get what you pay for should be of value.......but to drive 600mi. to buy a cheap Jeep....be careful.

That's why I want someone to check it out for me before I go down there. That six hundred mile drive is one way. If I'm going to go over $2000, I can probably find one closer. I just think that to save that much, I can at least have it checked out.

phil, the price is right ....but why don't you look for one '91 or newer and get the H.O. motor? it's worth a little extra $. go to cars.com--- put in your zip and miles willing to drive...see if you can find one closer to home. p.s. i only have a '99 xj now...sold three older ones the last 2 mos.

Yeah, I've kinda decided to wait a week or two more and get more money and find a better one closer. Of course, I'm still open to any great deals. I did just decide against an 87 2dr XJ 4.0 AW-4 4x4 in Idaho, because it wouldn't be such a deal when I finally got it.

Back