• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The new Dodge Challenger

carmike692000 said:
Looks too much like the '69 Camaro.

Nope, this one does........
3463715371425671.JPG

xjj33p3r said:
The challenger is a big improvement over the massacre that dodge pulled with the charger.

Please relax and consider NASCAR rules.

Charger has a NASCAR past, so it goes along with the times. If you want to bitch, do it to NASCAR. :)

at least it's a coup. Anything's better than a four door charger.

If it turns out to be one of the new "classic" cars that actually takes off, It would be a hell of a lot of fun with aftermarket parts to play with.

Chrysler has also hinted around that they are going after Ford's near monopoly on police patrol cars, and I suspect the 4 door Charger is just the platform for that. I don't see why they can't offer 2 door versions of the Charger and Magnum though.

I always liked mid-sixties GM A bodies (particularly Chevelles) because you could get them in a number of configurations: convertible, 2 dr. hardtop, 2 dr. sedan, 4 dr. sedan, 4dr. wagon and 2 dr. wagon. It would seem to me that DC could take that extra step and use the Charger/Magnum/300 platform to have "one" car that would fill multiple market niches.

XJEEPER said:
Nope, this one does........
3463715371425671.JPG

No that's just fugly, I'm not a big fan of the Challenger/Cuda, but I'd take one of those any day! My XJ should be paid off by then too, and it never hurts to have a second car just in case.......................................................

Back