• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air vents

littlebluexj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok,so i didn't run my heater last year because i bypassed it for some reson i don't remember.but i did run the A/C all summer and it blew out of the vents strong but once i got above 2000 rpm's it would quit blowing through the dash vents and only blow out of the floor and defrost vents.So now since its winter i decided that i wasn't going through the cold again and plus my girl has been complaining already.the heater hoses are instaled righ and every thing is in order except i got rid of the vacume controled valve on the upper rad to heat hose.Ok the problem is that there is no air coming out of the vents at all its just defrost and floor.WHAT HAPPENED?

Thanks for any imput
William

There is a vacuum actuated motor in the dash. Check under the hood for a loose vac line. My problem area was around the battery area. If you can get to the vac motor check for vacuum. I don't have a diagram handy just going by memory.

chris

all the lines that go to the little vacume bottle thing are conneted and the only vacume line that isnt conected is the one that use to go to the vacume controled valve that went on the upper rad to heat hose it is just dangaling there.i checked for sucktion or presure from that hose and there isn't any even with the heater on.Where is the vacume at under the dash and is it had to find im out in the car looking right now and all i see is the big metal one on the heater/blower unit and thats it some more imput please and thatnk you.

It sounds to be vacuum related....you said that it blows out the floor around 2000 that means that the vacuum motor for the vents is loosing pressure somewhere and when you get to 2000 vac is less at higher rpm and it compounds the problem.i would check the vacuum tank behind the front bumper for cracks or holes.

Last edited:
Back