• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

went mtn biking some pics..

Silverstreak01

NAXJA Forum User
well i have been up here at killington vt waiting for snow since the day it all melted oct 30th.. got bored made a mtn bike track out back. nothing crazy some decent drops. just a fun place to mess around. enjoy.. o yea ski jump pics as soon as enough snow to build the kicker again.. o yea the mountain is opening back up :wave: tomarrow if anyone cares to know

keith h

http://photos.yahoo.com/keithhnewport
http://photos.yahoo.com/keithhnewport

ooo kids got jokes. dont be mad because skiers can do ANYthing boarders can do.. + more.. no really though to each his own. long as your on the hill ( and not scraping all the snow off...) boarders cough boarders... i could care less ... hahaha:laugh3:

Nice! You should get some triple clamps on that bad bitch. What frame is that. It looks like u set up for dirt jumpen. I currently have a p3 and an enduro. If you ever come out to cali in the summertime bring your bike and go to downnyville and northstar @ tahoe. 2 places with epic runs that'll leave you dreamen about its drop-offs till next summer.

thanks. its a 2003 haro escape 8.2.. the outer ring is gone and it has a raceface bashgaurd instead.. if anything id do a race face diablous 31.8 stem and bar set.. haros are cool bikes i never new they built mtn bikes. its really fun for just bombing around and doing drops. if you go on harobikes.com and look at the 2003 models you can see it.

do any urban or trials? Been riding my buddys escape 8.2 for awhile with a shiver fork. pretty sweet bike. Im waiting for him to get his new yeti 303 so i can take a ride on one of those beasts.

looks like fun, I have a P2 that I've been playing with and trying to get the urban riding thing down. We also have a big hill in the middle of town with some sweet trails on it, fun to ride. Wish I was better at it.

Keith,
How long you gonna be up in Killington? I am right over the NY border from you, actually about hour and 15 minutes from the baselodge. Always looking for fellow XJ'ers in the area. I drive threw Killington on a regular bases when I am headed to the boston area. I'll come up and some night and grab some beers with ya and hit on some ski hotties.

Hardtails are fun for hucking and urban, but for real gnarly stuff you NEED full suspension.

Heres my other money pit...

fy0g8i.jpg

sweet. i used to be into trials and urban last year. i got kinda sick of it and now im all about xc. im skiping school wends to go up and ride killington with a few friends.

xjcrawlr said:
Hardtails are fun for hucking and urban, but for real gnarly stuff you NEED full suspension.

Heres my other money pit...

fy0g8i.jpg
Thats more of a XC bike. For the big drops and such, you need a downhill bike. Bigger shocks, bigger frame and a more layed back stance. Makes it a heck of a lot easier, as well as being able to walk after a day of riding.

he's right. the stance on that bike isnt really for "gnarly" down hilling. you need to spend at least 1800 to get in that catagory. a few that pop into my mind is . specialized big hit, kona stinky...
you dont need a full suspension for tuff trails.. HUGE drops yes. if i had a bike like that i would have saved my money and got a seat post shock.. ..same results.:wave:

put on a helmet,

i never wore mine
but after a gnarly fall this summer i always got it on!

better safe then sorry, especially diong dowhill riding
cas

Thats more of a XC bike. For the big drops and such, you need a downhill bike.

he's right. the stance on that bike isnt really for "gnarly" down hilling. you
need to spend at least 1800 to get in that catagory.

Well If your not familiar with the RM Slayer, its an all-mountain bike. The best, and worst, of both a downhill, and an XC racer. It has 5.5in of travel front and rear, a slack 70* head tube, and relatively light wieght of 24.8 lbs. Now since I dont have enough money to buy both an XC, and a downhill bike. To the tune of $2000+ each, I think this bike is a great compromise. I can ride 100 miles of singletrack in the Phoenix mountain preserves this weekend, and go to Sedona and fly off ledges up to 10ft high next weekend. I had $2000 to buy a bike, so instead of buying 2 OK bikes, I bought one great bike. Mind you, all of this is in my most humble opinion of course. :wave1:

Oh yea...WEAR A DAMN HELMET! :lecture:

Silverstreak01 said:
he's right. the stance on that bike isnt really for "gnarly" down hilling. you need to spend at least 1800 to get in that catagory. a few that pop into my mind is . specialized big hit, kona stinky...
you dont need a full suspension for tuff trails.. HUGE drops yes. if i had a bike like that i would have saved my money and got a seat post shock.. ..same results.:wave:

the "stance" (geometry) is just fine for DH / freeride stuff, for the average human, especially if you can (sadly) only have one bike.
that looks like fun trail you are riding, if you're ever around the alberta/BC area let me know i'll show you the good stuff, i'm also often in quebec area.
biking is my #1 passion, the jeep is mostly to get me there!

Silverstreak01 said:
you dont need a full suspension for tuff trails.. HUGE drops yes.
Hey i hit an 11 stair on my specialized p.2...that was no fun though! Cant wait for the yeti 303, maybe the new kona stad supreme with a fox 40!

uh silver, cough cough noob skiers push snow too and one thing you can do on ski's much better than us snowboard types is well it's called a yardsale! oh and we have these things to ride up and down out here in the West, cough cough called real mountains, lol jk jk... Seriously it's nice listening to a "good" skier complain about the "other" skiers the same way snowboarders do, how they always stop and have a chat right on an entry/exit/middle of a great hit or roller.

ok, ok I'm almost inspired to take the new bike out this weekend (RM element ) Not much into gnarly big drops, more of an epic ride sort myself, whats up with this $2000 bike budget anyway? been waiting a long time for a light fs bike and never imagined i'd willingly fork over that much, but here we are....

hummm, I could go for a bike ride tomorrow morning, snowboarding friday, jeeping Saturday.....

just got back from work. holy smokes we are getting rocked by the snow god. haha saying 2 feet plus by the weekend id say atleast a foot up at the mountain right now. to bad im teaching 4-6 year olds.. and not very good ones this early in the season.. o well . pulled ina 20 spot for a brother and sister in my class. and i have them tomarrow. haha o yes

o yea. im building my kicker / mini park out back. nice daytime pics coming soon ..

keith h out

Back