• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduction from a Noob

Cherokeelaredo

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I joined recently and have been browsing since, so I decided to start posting and such.
I just got involved in the whole Jeep Scene, and I've always loved the XJ's.
About a year ago, when I needed a winter beater to drive while my BMW is in storage, I purchased a LAredo, and I really liked it, os much that I sold My BMW, and started buidling the rig.
My name is Terry, And I am from Toronto, Canada.
Here is a pic of my rig.
DSC00205.jpg

Be repared for many newbie Q's.
On that topic, could someone tell me how to adjust my low low idle? I just had the head replaced/rebuild, and since then the truck idles at about 200rpm, and in the colder weather, likes to stall every now and then.
I searched, and read through all the threads, but none really answered my question.
Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome, Canadian brother. Feel free to pony up and join NAXJA, I doubt you'll regret it.

Your questions will be best answered in their respective forums:
Idle = OEM Tech

Welcome again!

:wave:

Cherokeelaredo said:
Hey guys, I joined recently and have been browsing since, so I decided to start posting and such.
I just got involved in the whole Jeep Scene, and I've always loved the XJ's.
About a year ago, when I needed a winter beater to drive while my BMW is in storage, I purchased a LAredo, and I really liked it, os much that I sold My BMW, and started buidling the rig.
My name is Terry, And I am from Toronto, Canada.
Here is a pic of my rig.
DSC00205.jpg

Be repared for many newbie Q's.
On that topic, could someone tell me how to adjust my low low idle? I just had the head replaced/rebuild, and since then the truck idles at about 200rpm, and in the colder weather, likes to stall every now and then.
I searched, and read through all the threads, but none really answered my question.
Any help would be appreciated.

Sell my Bimmer! Now why didn't I think of that?! Where is that damn thing....Oh, yeah. I don't have one!

J/K (see sig quote) Welcome to the dark side :laugh3:

Oh, yeah. Nice rig.

Low idle can be cause by a clogged IAC port. Turn off the engine, then unlpug and remove the Idle Air Control. Get some carb cleaner in the spray can and use the nozzle to spray in where the IAC fits. Most likely it is gunked up. You can spray and clean off the pintle of the IAC before putting everything back together but do not turn the pintle or spray on the throttle position sensor. When you are done, also spray around the butterfly on the throttle body. Hopefully a $.99USD can will solve your problems, if not, post back up in the OEM tech forum and we can take you to the next step.

By the way, WELCOME to NAXJA.

Back