• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ANOTHER amp question

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking at my head unit and I only have two RCA jacks. Left and right.

I then realized I can only run a 2 channel amp. If I do run a 2 channel amp. and wire it to run my 4 speakers, I wont be able to adjust front and rear balance anymore will I?

Also, if I run a amp, the speakers only run off the wattage of the amp right? Or can I combine the power off of the head unit also?

you could get an amp with speaker line inputs for the front speakers. better yet run speaker line inputs fort all 4 speakers and use the rca's to feed a subwoofer amp. running all four speakers off the rca's would be ghetto-fabulous.

you could always buy a passive eq or a 3way crossover, that way you will have 2 inputs and 2 front , 2 rear , and 2 subwoofer outputs. (depending on the model)

Ill never run a sub, just the four speaker. I really dont care if it ghetto,as long as it works. :)

Stupid crappy headunit.

:)

do you mean you have 2 sets or just the 1 left and one right? if its just L & R its for a sub. you run the speakers off the deck and the sub off the rca's you can run an amp with 4 channels of the rca's but you would have to run all new wires to all your speakers. other option if you want to just run everything with amps is to get a head unit that has no amp built in. all it has is a power, groung, and a wire for the light faider. then it has rca's for the front, rear, and the sub. so you run the front on one amp the rear on another and the sub the same way. this is the setup most pros use. it gives you more control over your speakers and you can run higher watt speakers.

Back