• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full width 44s and tire and wheel options

xray

NAXJA Member #1056
I will be changing my diffs. this winter. My problem is I need to keep the tires covered by the wheel flairs. can I solve this with proper back spacing and a set of wider wheel well flairs with maybe 11 in wide tires? Or will I have to narrow the axels to achieve this? The law around here is a PIA about things like this.

Your going to have to narrow them a bit inorder to have them covered. A F-150 5 lug hp44 is 67" wms to wms, a F-250 8 lug about 69". You can run heavily offset 8" rims, but then you will be bashing your hubs and you might not clear your steering parts (arms, etc). You can get TJ Sahara flares that are a little wider than a regular TJ flare or buy some Bushwacker flares with heavily offset rims and it will not be that bad. Where do you live in Wisconsin? I have lots of family in Racine/Kenosha.

Troy

Thanks Troy, I figured I would have to get them trimmed a bit. I guess I will have to all of the above just to keep Johnny Law at bay. I live in North Prairie. It's Southwest of Waukesha, less then 10 miles.

im assuming you already have the axles.... if not look for a narrower set

if you do, you can get them narrowed to mid width, and use some cheavy shafts

Back