• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Waggy 44 ideas

Try this it might help

Just make sure you make mock up everything before you dive into a project. You can use the RE bracket kit for the front, and for the rear just get some new spring perches. It will all be custom, so just make sure everything is right. Get good penetration on welds and make sure to strengthen weak areas. It may help if you build a jig also.

Remember If you cut something twice and its still too short, you gotta start over.

allthingsoffroad said:
it might not be a 79 i know its DD

ive broken a total of 8 front axle shafts...
and i have a rear 60 to match
the D44 shafts aren't any stronger, in fact some believe them to be weaker than the D30 shafts with 760x joints. if this is your sole reason for swapping, just get alloys for your D30. If you have other reasons (steering, brakes, balljoints, gears, etc) then you will likely still want alloys in the D44.

you're going to have to match the bolt pattern to the back, I assume the D60 is full float 8 lug, in which case you can swap 8 lug D44 stuff onto the Waggy axle. Most stock, FF D60s are not that strong though, 30 spline 1.31" shafts just like a D44. You should upgrade at the same time to 35 spline 1.5" shafts.

allthingsoffroad said:
it might not be a 79 i know its DD

ive broken a total of 8 front axle shafts...
and i have a rear 60 to match

need more info : where where the breaks ??????????
how did ya break up ie rocks , backing up, bouncing the rig ?????????????
260, 297 or 760 joints ??????????????
at the splines , outters ?????????????

Back