• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

skreeething and other noises on my '99.

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Well I have been having this faint sound that I have decided is gear whine and its okay cause within two months I'll be lifted and regeared....Anyways

Now this morning I am leaving my house and hear the awful skreetching from under the hood or front axle, my front ds isn't hooked up btw. So it does it for 5-8 seconds every 20 seconds or so sometimes loud as heck sometimes not so loud. Then I pull over to get gas pop the hood and see nothing wrong, so I get back in and drive off and it never does it again. My serpitine belt looks fine and never squeels, but for some reason I am thinking maybe some bearings or something have gone bad or ????????? I don't know.

Also, not sure if it matters but after I start up when the engine is cold I hear the same kinda skreething for like 1 second right after the Jeep fires up. It starts and drives fine, but these noises are killing me.

langer1 said:
The last post about the same sound turned out to be the A/C clutch bearings

wow your good, I found out its my A/C compressor. Where is the post you speak of?

Back