• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire size and trac bar opinions needed

xtrememtbiker85

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 95 xj with 4 inches of lift. re coils rustys lca's uca's and aal's ss braides brake hoses, and rustys trac bar, mount, skyjacker4to 5in shocks, and stabalizer and other modifications.

i am running 32's and i will need new tires this winter i know what tires i want but nto what size. this summer i am ptting in a ford 8.8 with 4:10's and disc brakes, and i am moving up to 5.5 inches of lift. hopefully long arms as well.

question 1 should i stay with 32x 11.50 for usage this winter before modification and better stuff/flex or should i get 33's stuff them on 4" for now and use 33's later after my lift addition?

question 2 i have the rustys adjustable trac bar and bracket. i have spent alot of time trying to center my front axle. the fornt axle is about 1.5" farther to the drivers side than the pass side and the tire kicks up alot more than the other side. i really cannot feel safe extending the end of the trac bar any more to pull to the pass side to center the axle. should i get a new trac bar especially when i go higher or should i try and get a new end for the trac bar?

I also have a 95 XJ, mine has 6" of lift w/33x12.50x15s and I think 33s are the right size for you. 32s would almost look too small IMHO.

I also have an 8.8" Ford rear w/discs(2005 SportTrac) and 4:10 gears, depending on the type of wheelin you do(unless you do alot of rock-crawlin), I think 4:10s are perfect, not too terribly low for the street but still pulls good offroad.

I WAS considering Rusty's track bar/bracket, but now you have me wondering? Is it not long enough? Is it adjusted properly? Also, how do you like Rusty's uca/lca? Do they have the factory style bushings? Mine are custom short arms from 1.5" DOM tubing w/heim joints, they ride like chit! I am thinking of trying the Flex-joints from Rock Krawler. Sorry to get off the original question.

For the tracbar, i would suggest either the RE heavy duty tracbar and mounting bracket (what i have) or the JKS adj. trac-bar. They're both great for lifts of 4-6 inches. I've heard good things about both, but of the 2, i'd favor the RE simply because you get new mounting brackets aswell. I would try and make 33's work for now, because when you go to 5.5" of lift, the 32's will look funny. I know i could stuff 33's under my 5" of lift easily.

Do you think my 33s look too small? Keep in mind stuff-ability.

100_1134.jpg

your rig looks awesome. i am not sure whats up with teh rustys trac bar. its nice and heavy duty but it seems like its a little shorter than it should be b/c my drivers side front wheel sticks out over an inch more than the other side. my friend helped me adjust it and we did the best we could but its possible we did it wrong and then the trac bar is fine.

if i have the money i want to go 5.5" lift with RE long arms and coils up front. and new discos. then my 8.8 with 4:10's and 33" tires. i was just thinking that is i have to buy tires this winter should i just stuff the 33's and wait until i go higher? i will prolly just do that i guess.

the rustys uca's and lca's ride real nice. they use stock bushings and flex pretty well for stock bushings. i am pleased with all my rustys products except for the aal and coils. they are true to 3". i kept the rustys aal in the rear and added an mj shackle and i swapped in my RE coils up front and my RE endlinks and i also got ss braided brake hoses form RE which i love. . i have measured my lift correctly at 4.2 up front and 4 even in the back.

besides my skyjacker shocks i plan on staying with RE and rustys parts fo rmy lift and i want tera flex quick discos like the ones on my g/fs tj because they work real nice and easy.

i plan on buying 33x12.50 mastercraft courser m/t tires. they are close to the procomp mud terrain and bfg mud terrain and they are only $130 installed for 4.and i like mastercraft tires too.

and i am trying to locate a set of tj flares too, i love the way they look on
xj's.

ps i know someone parting out a 93 xj with 33" truxxuas m/t;s on 8" lift and it looks fine. i may try and pick up those tires too depending on the cost that and his 4:10 axles.

Last edited:
Back