• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ebay/Laptop problem

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a laptop on ebay. In the auction it was stated

"It comes with the power supply and charged battery."

and

"Battery (charged and holds a charge), AC Adaptor, Power Cord Included"

Problem is, the battery lasts about 10 minutes playing any type of graphics intensive game, and about 40mins doing something like playing solitare. This is off of a full charge.

Should I make a big deal about the battery being junk? Or should I just leave it alone.

Second that, I've been burned on ebay a few times with comp stuff which in the end cost me more than if I had just bought it at the highest price local store to begin with. I have a lap now, sony P3 vaio with 512meg and a 20gig hard drive. Customer here has a boat load of them as 'retired' so I just went thru and picked a couple, loaded lunix and went from there. I do plan on buying my own, nice AMD turon. You can buy a new battery and that might solve the problem, good luck. Does it run ok with the ac adapter ?

mylt1 said:
my first post. EBAY AND PAYPAL SUCK.(they are owned by the same company.) that is all.

X2.

Have the seller meet you to talk about it here.........
http://pirate4x4.com
ialol.gif

Sounds like a bad battery to me also. ;)

mylt1 said:
my first post. EBAY AND PAYPAL SUCK.(they are owned by the same company.) that is all.

great first post...

I am a huge fan of E-bay and paypal...

FOR THESE REASONS -
security - i have had a few deals go sour in which i was a seller, and they cleared everything up real fast...
deal - cant be beat
profitable - i can sell stuff that i dont need and it gets sold...

you have to be smart and know that used batteries will never hold the 3 hours charge that a new one would

come on, you can gripe, but im sure if the deal is too good to be true - it probably is - and id blame buyer error here...

I've been using E-Bay and Paypal for years, buying and selling. Never had a problem. As someone posted, if a deal sounds too good to be true.....

Also, use common sense when dealing on the internet, whether E-bay or any other place where money and merchandise change hands.

Well, technically, you did buy it as described. It holds a charge....just not for very long. Thats part of the comes with buying used stuff...especially electronics on ebay. Contact the seller and see if he will offer any assistance to make this right. If not, move on and buy a new battery!

I got lucky on an ebay laptop, the battery runs like new! Hold charge long time.

I said I got lucky.

Anytime you buy a used computer, ebay or OTHERWISE, calculate the cost of a new battery, cause 95% of the time the one you get will be waxed.

They did say it holds a charge, and that it does. 40 min on the card game compares to 40 min of Microsoft Word, or whatever. Games will suck juice.

I say lick your wounds and get a new battery, or dont go far from an AC outlet.

Good luck!
Andrew

I emailed the seller, and he is sending me a secondary battery that goes in place of the floppy drive. He definatly went out of his way to make this right.

I'm glad things look like they'll work out.
Giving you an aux battery is a good compromise.

BTW,
Pay Pal is great, until there's a problem.
Long long story short:

I got taken for $120 on Ebay

It was a legit Ebay deal, the guy had good feedback, and I filed a complaint with Ebay & PP well within their guidlines.

Ebay (owner of PP) cancelled the guy's account

PP found 100% in my favor

Then said sorry, we can't return your money.

They wouldn't even return the profit they recieved from the fraudulent transaction.

Now, what did I do wrong, and why do those that posted still think PP is safe? (it's not)

jpnjim said:
I'm glad things look like they'll work out.
Giving you an aux battery is a good compromise.

BTW,
Pay Pal is great, until there's a problem.
Long long story short:

I got taken for $120 on Ebay

It was a legit Ebay deal, the guy had good feedback, and I filed a complaint with Ebay & PP well within their guidlines.

Ebay (owner of PP) cancelled the guy's account

PP found 100% in my favor

Then said sorry, we can't return your money.

They wouldn't even return the profit they recieved from the fraudulent transaction.

Now, what did I do wrong, and why do those that posted still think PP is safe? (it's not)

I guess you answered your own question. (and why do those that posted still think PP is safe?
Pay Pal is great, until there's a problem.)

I've done over 100 transaction on E-bay and probably 95% through Paypal without a negative incident.

my biggest gripe about ebay is you dont need to "prove" who you are. if they want to stop the fraudulent dealings and make ebay a better place they should make you regester with a valid credit card so you have to be you. that would stop a lot of the friends biding things up for the seller. ebay used to be such a nice place to find a deal, now i hardly go there. if i need something thats not "mainstream" you can still get a deal but with electronics and other popular things you stand to much of a chance to be screwed with. did you all see the guy selling "new psp's boxes"? people were dumb enough to bid these things up to $200 and more, for a BOX. thats it just the box. but they were to stupid to read the whole auction. im glad he is making things right for you. you can always pick up a batt from the batt maker not the computer maker. you know genaric batt.

Back