• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

reattaching emblems

stupidfast

NAXJA Forum User
yeah this is a stupid question, but anyone who has done it before, how do you stick the emblems (JEEP, 4x4, COMANCHE) back on after a paint job. just some simple glue? or is there a special type to use. id kick myself if i used something and they fell off in the middle of nowhere for me to find out when i got back home.

When I had my 88 XJ repainted after a 19 year old hit me I just went to the dealer and got all new emblems, there were resonable in my opinion. They come with a 2 sided tape on the back, you just pull off the backing and press in place. You may want to go my a body shop or a body shop supply, or even the dealer to find out what tape to use to reattach them.

Use 3-Ms two sided tape it's the stuff taillight covers and vent shades come with.
You can pick it up at your Auto Zone.
I riped off one of the tail light covers on my S-10 three years ago.
Used the 3-M tape and it's still on there.

73's
KG4BET

3M also makes an adhesive for emblems and trim that works very well, and also works on those rubber door strips. Better than tape, I think, if the foam backing of the emblem is damaged. It's like "Shoe Goo," only a little thinner. You can, in a pinch, also use Shoe Goo, but it can be a little stiff.

stupidfast said:
yeah this is a stupid question, but anyone who has done it before, how do you stick the emblems (JEEP, 4x4, COMANCHE) back on after a paint job. just some simple glue? or is there a special type to use. id kick myself if i used something and they fell off in the middle of nowhere for me to find out when i got back home.

Use 3m double sided tape and you will be fine. Just make sure the area that your putting the emblems back on are clean and grease and oil free. You can get it at autozone, pep boys or even walmart

Back