• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rock crawler jumping....

cassio

NAXJA Forum User
my friend was telling me about really well built jeeps that using fancy clutch and transmision work, they make them hop up onto rocks and what not, by rocking the suspesion...not too sure....

does anyone know what im talking about...maybe some video or pics

or a better explanation??

cas

Sounds like trials for Jeeps.
I'm skeptical, but as a kid I always believed you could do a wheelie in a car by pulling up on the steering wheel...

i wish i could explain more but my friends were drinking so i dont know maybe they made it up.....

but give it some gas pop the clutch...who know what would happen...

anyone know....other than a broken tranny...

lol
cas

i always thought that it would be cool to be able to lift a single tire.

the same concept that lowriders have. hydraulic pumps.

lift a tire, crawl with one tire in the air, get on the rock.

i'm sure it's possible.

I've seen the pic somewhere,cant remember.. but it was a buggy that had a pivot in the middle of the body 0-0 the dash is the pivot point each side was hydraulic so it could raise either a front or back tire at any time the set up was like a teeter totter if you can picture it.. maybe someone else knows the one I'm talking about and can post a pic.

I'm pretty sure you're referring to Sonni Honegger's Scorpion or Scorpion I - quick Google didn't come up with any pics, but now you've got a starting point. It's about ten years old, IIRC.

uvaldetxj said:
i always thought that it would be cool to be able to lift a single tire.

the same concept that lowriders have. hydraulic pumps.

lift a tire, crawl with one tire in the air, get on the rock.

i'm sure it's possible.

welderboy from pirate did it, theres even video of it.

Yucca-Man said:
I'm pretty sure you're referring to Sonni Honegger's Scorpion or Scorpion I - quick Google didn't come up with any pics, but now you've got a starting point. It's about ten years old, IIRC.

Sonny's stuff can't flex for crap.

265.jpg

Back