• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What springs for the wife's xj?

yellowxj

NAXJA Forum User
Just put the warn winch bumper and winch on the wifes xj. Her 3.5" RE springs w/ 2" spacers sure dont like the extra weight. Figured 6.5" springs would compensate for the extra weight and keep the lift height around 5"-6".
What springs would you guys suggest?

Rusty's sells a good 6.5" spring.
Been on mine for two years and they are fine.
Check their website for a scratch and dent set.
Mine cost $75 two years ago marked down as a S&D set.
When they arrived, the only thing wrong was they were dusty and had spider webs on them.

Thanks OT. Kinda leaning toward them cause of the price and they generally support the naxja cherokee crawl every year. can get a Roughcountry set for $100 or so but thats kinda scary cheap.

The S&D section has some control arms now. I'm going to order a set for hers Monday to replace her 3.5" RE arms. They flex great but I think the Rustys set will be more the right length.

yellowxj said:
Thanks OT. Kinda leaning toward them cause of the price and they generally support the naxja cherokee crawl every year. can get a Roughcountry set for $100 or so but thats kinda scary cheap.

The S&D section has some control arms now. I'm going to order a set for hers Monday to replace her 3.5" RE arms. They flex great but I think the Rustys set will be more the right length.
For the record, I DO NOT recommend you get the CAs.
If you remember, from other folks' threads, Rusty's can't seem to get the hang of reliably welding the joints onto the tubing.
After awhile, the tubing may crack out around the joint and cause a catastrophic failure.
Do yourself (and your wife) a favor and go with RE or Currie for CAs.

I would go with what OT says. I had Rusty's arms and any flex would blow the bushings out. Check out REs adjustables. I have their lowers and love them.

think I could just cut and sleeve her current arms to stretch them an inch or so??? I'm pretty handy with the welder...really love the flex of those RE arms.

I dont know the model of the warn bumper we got. Its from a 89 parts jeep--bought it for $1800 had the warn bumper(big angular space age thing) 12k milemarker, 4.5" rustys lift w/leaves, rock rails, D44 rear, and a blown motor. Just swapped the bumper and winch on, D44 is going in next saturday.

yellowxj said:
think I could just cut and sleeve her current arms to stretch them an inch or so??? I'm pretty handy with the welder...really love the flex of those RE arms.

I dont know the model of the warn bumper we got. Its from a 89 parts jeep--bought it for $1800 had the warn bumper(big angular space age thing) 12k milemarker, 4.5" rustys lift w/leaves, rock rails, D44 rear, and a blown motor. Just swapped the bumper and winch on, D44 is going in next saturday.
If you're handy with the welder, then buy two Johnny Joints or RE Superflex joints, two rubber joints, and 3' of tubing and build your own.
Get some threaded rod and make 'em adjustable.
All for under $100.
That's what I do when I need parts.
About the only thing I buy anymore are springs and axle shafts.

Here.
I did these a few years ago.
is.php

Back