• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

map sensor probem

littlebluexj

NAXJA Forum User
ok i had a back fire in the intake caused by my to BIG injectors and i have found that it blew the little rubber garmet out of the throttle body.this garmet is where the vacume line of the map sensor plugs in.

does anyone know where i can pick up one of these sensors.a salvage said that i need to buy the whole throttle body from them if i want that part.and the jeep delership(sp) asked for way to much and they had to order it.

does anyone know where i can get this part from or does anyone have one they want to give up.i live in tulsa oklahoma so looking for something close.

Thank you
william

The MAP sensor is on the firewall. Don't really understand why the Junk yard would insist you take the whole TB, unless they are talking about the later TB with the MAP connected to the side of the TB.
Are you sure your MAP is bad, or would a new stopper and vacuum line fix it up?
On my old 87 the plastic vacuum line for the map, disintergrated. I used a piece of windshield washer hose as a stopper (with a coating of RTV) and some windshield washer hose plastic fittings (a kit was like a $1, at the auto parts store) and some thick walled vacuum line. Worked well for 7 or 8 years.

Back