• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just found out I'm PCSing to Alaska... Elmendorf AFB

490Chaser

NAXJA Forum User
I guess I'll be keeping the XJ for at least 3 more years. I'll be PCSing to Elmendorf in July. It's my first duty station (I'll be comissioning in May). I figure I'll be buying an aussie locker for the front instead of getting 31" BFG ATs.

So, How many Anchorage are XJers we got out there?

Griffin

I just had a friend PCS up there, hes loving it

Ah, a butter bar to be. :laugh3:

The general just today was relating a story about the time he was a 2nd Lt. He failed to return a salute to some enlisted folks, instead he said "how ya doing?" thinking he was cool. A CMSgt had witnessed this and walked up to the Lt, respectfully saluted him, and then moved within an inch or two of his face told him not to screw up his Air Force and that he was either part of the solution or part of the problem. The general said this was the best lesson he ever learned. :)

Everyone I know that's been stationed in Alaska has loved it and most want to go back for another assignment or to retire there. Have fun and welcome to the AF.

Back