• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thumbin a ride from Denver or Salt Lake

Flowers

NAXJA Forum User
I have very little free time, so I'm flying out this year. I plan to fly out either Tue. 7th or Wed. 8th. Will anyone be rollin' through Denver or out of Salt Lake on either of those days? Cash or bartering will be available for your congeniality.

Flowers

I'll be heading out of the SLC area on Monday the 6th, early afternoon, so I could pick you up at the airport. I think there will be other folks heading down from SLC later in the week, you shouldn't have trouble hitching a ride with a local XJer.
As for the bartering......do you have a cabin reserved?

My tentative plan is to depart the SLC area on the 7th. I'm not sure what time I'm leaving, but thinking around noonish.

Tom

I'll be headed down on Wednesday evening at the latest, but don't and won't really know until a couple of weeks before the event (totally depends on the new job).

Denver area

My son and I will be going from the Denver area around that time. Might could work something out.

Chewy

Bikes are for girls.

My new tentative plan is to fly in to Denver with a skateboard and take it from there.

SKATE OR DIE!

Flowers

I think I'll just take X up on the Monday afternoon offer. XJeeper, I don't have a cabin, but I know people, I have connections. I'll have something very special for the barter.

Now I need a ride back to the airport. Saturday anyone?

Thanks,

Flowers

Flowers said:
I think I'll just take X up on the Monday afternoon offer. XJeeper, I don't have a cabin, but I know people, I have connections. I'll have something very special for the barter.
Flowers

Roger that, PM me when you get an SLC arrival time nailed down. "Special bartering"?? Hey guys, do I need to worry about being cooped up in a Jeep with this guy for 3.5 hrs? :eek:
Guess I'd better get the roof rack finished before Oct.......:D

Fly to Denver and grab Amtrak #5 to Green River. Call the campground, and someone will come and get you. Just a "biased idea". ;)
Thanks,
Dan.

Actually, the train ride isn't a bad idea if you wanna spend the time. It takes you along some of the rivers and canyons that most wayward travelers don't get to see. I may have something worked out for you in the way of friends in Boulder.

Sean

Flowers, I tried to PM you but the door's locked.........as for SLC arrival times, make it as close to noon as possible. This way you can recover from the strip search, repack your luggage, grab a bite and we can be heading South by early afternoon. It's a 4 hr drive from SLC, I'd like to hit Moab about 5pm-ish so do the math and see where it fits into the flight plan. Email me directly with any other ???

Back