• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Silverado Leaf springs

texinteg

NAXJA Forum User
Hey this might be a stupid question but has anyone ever used leaf springs out of a newer silverado to make a bastard leaf pack with a xj main leaf? The reason I am asking is because I have a set of leafs out of a 2005 C1500
with only 9,000 miles on them. I work for a Chevy Dealer so I got them for free because the customer complained that the bushings made noise. Any help would be great. Thanks

Nick

my sis used some silverado springs as AALs, She got about 2" of lift and it does not ride bad at all. I dont know exatly what springs she used though...

I know they will be stiffer than stock but thats what I am looking for. I am trying to get about 4 inches of lift out of them. I am still at work so I cant start tearing them apart yet.

Last edited:
How long are they eye to eye?

A full set of Dodge 1500 springs will get you about 5" of lift and they might be similar (57" off the top of my head, maybe it is 60", not possitive). However with the longer springs you will need to re-mount the front and possibly the rear of the spring, probably use longer shackles and keep the centering pin in the correct location for your axle.

There are a few write ups on useing longer springs (both Dodge and Chevy I believe) searching a few might help you out there.

Michael

texinteg said:
I was planning on using my stock main leaf and adding the other leafs from the silverado.

If you do, take some pics and include a write-up. It would be interesting to see if it works out well. Good luck.

There is already a good write up on this site. But I will try to take some pics and write something up.

Well I went out on my lunch break and looked at the leaves. They are about 4 inches longer then the stock leaves. There is only three leaves per pack. One main leaf, then a regular leaf, then the overload. I am gonna try to use the regular leaf as an AAL and see how much lift I get. They arent as stiff as I thought they would be.

how wide are they?

Back