• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spare 231 output shaft

The_Rock

NAXJA Forum User
A friend gave me the stock output shaft from his 97 TJ when he put a HD SYE in. I have a RE Hack and Tap SYE already on the 231 in my 2000 XJ. I would like to cut and tap the new shaft to carry as a spare. Will the output shaft of the 97 TJ fit the 231 in my 2000 XJ?

The_Rock said:
A friend gave me the stock output shaft from his 97 TJ when he put a HD SYE in. I have a RE Hack and Tap SYE already on the 231 in my 2000 XJ. I would like to cut and tap the new shaft to carry as a spare. Will the output shaft of the 97 TJ fit the 231 in my 2000 XJ?

yeah - they are the same.

thanks, I thought they should be. Cutting and drilling the shaft in place was easy. Not sure how I'm going to cut and drill the spare on the bench. I'm thinking to throw some tape around it and use a cut off wheel in the grinder and do the best I can to cut it strait.

The_Rock said:
thanks, I thought they should be. Cutting and drilling the shaft in place was easy. Not sure how I'm going to cut and drill the spare on the bench. I'm thinking to throw some tape around it and use a cut off wheel in the grinder and do the best I can to cut it strait.
That'll work okay.

Back