• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine Codes

play_in_the_mud

NAXJA Forum User
My check engine light came on after i went wheeling a week or so ago, thought maybe i just got the distributor wet so i would give it time to dry out. its still on, turned the key off and on 3 times to see the codes, i got 12,21,23,51,55 can anyone tell me what these codes are?? any help would be appreciated

http://www.hesco.us/obd.html

12 is battery recently disconected.

55 is end of codes
21 (2)
O2 sensor voltage at center
Neither rich or lean condition is detected from the oxygen sensor input

23 (2)
Intake air temp. sensor voltage high
Sensor input above the maximum acceptable voltage

51 (2)
Lean O2 signal
Oxygen sensor signal indicates lean fuel/air ratio condition during engine operation.

any recent changes to air intake or exhaust systems?

-B

Last edited:
the only changes were i had a fuel system cleaning done at my work and i cleaned the k&n filter but that was a few weeks ago and this happened right after i went wheeling. no idea what could have caused it. think maybe i just need to replace the O2 sensor?? or could it be a bigger problem?? thanks for any help

start with the plug. clean the connector and plug it back in. disconnect the battery wait 30sec-1min, hook battery back up, start/drive around a little(if you can), check for codes again. all you should get are 12 and 55 (if that was your problem)

Last edited:
mana.jpg

Unhook the battery (To clear codes) clean connectors and make sure K&N filter is not picking up hot air. If the code comes back change the sensor.

Back