• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Injector O-rings

uvaldetxj

NAXJA Forum User
I replaced all of my FI o-rings about a week ago. I searched and read countless topics on how to do it right. I soaked them in gas for 30 minutes then put them on the injectors.

I had no leaks until today. It's not a major leak, but it's more than I want to risk.

I'm leaking at the 1st injector closest to the nose, and at the furthest injector at the back of the engine. I noticed that they're leaking at the same places as the last time. On both of them it seems like fuel is leaking through the electrical connection.

I'm guessing the injector is either bad, or my wiring harness is messed up. Would it be wise to swap in a better harness, or just swap out the injector? What would be the wise solution?

This is my daily driver, and I can't afford to let it go up in flames.
All help will be appreciated.

Sorry, forgot to mention the XJ.
1987 XJ 4.0 (renix)

If you're leaking from the injector proper, then it's not the orings or the harness - it's the injectors.

It's common for the OEM RENIX injectors to leak, either at the body seam or the harness connector - you'll have to replace the injectors. A set of 19# or 21# Ford 302 Ford "pulls" will work nicely - and a set of 8 of those is cheaper than six OEMR Jeep injectors - even the aftermarket ones.

5-90

Back