• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear 4 links question

spaghettixj

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys, I hope you can understand my question in my Italic english.
I would like to convert my rear setup to coils and 4 links.
I planned to mount the coils between the top of the axle and the bottom of the frame.
Now the question is this... Wich coils do you suggest me to use to have about 6" of lift and good flex?
I searched but found nothing that helps.
Thanks in advance, Diego.

stock front coils do give some lift to the rear but i don't have the exact number. i seem to rember 4" from somewhere

just wondering how you plan on attaching all you links. length, style, mounting points? i hope ya have it figured but there is a lot to designing a 4link suspension that works besides spring height.:kissyou:

If you mount stock front coils as you said. You will be at about 8-9" of lift. If you mount them to the side of the frame rail, you will be about 4"

a stock xj coil measures about 12 inches compressed. I would set everything up and figure it out from there to see just what height you need. i ended up needing a 3 in lift coil to level out mine

bheit4x4 said:
a stock xj coil measures about 12 inches compressed. I would set everything up and figure it out from there to see just what height you need. i ended up needing a 3 in lift coil to level out mine

lets keep our stuff strait what setup are you using this in rear link suspension with coil mounted to uniframe and axle or what. from what other are saying you ended up needing 12" of lift total?

basicly what i was saying is set everything up as far as ride height goes and see what the needed spring height is. On average a stock xj coil measures 12 inches compressed(with weight on it). when i was setting mine up i need 15 inches compressed
and yes it is a trianulated 4 link with the springs under the "frame" rails and sitting on top of the axles

Last edited:
bheit4x4, So youre running about 40" rubber I take it?

Back