• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfercase Shift Gate

uvaldetxj

NAXJA Forum User
I need to remove the shift gate, but the opening is too small to fit the shifter through. Is there a trick on removing the gate, or is it something simple? I really want to try my 4LO. I'm going to fit this gate onto the other jeep that I switched the t-case to.

BTW this is on a 87' XJ w/ 231

uvaldetxj said:
I need to remove the shift gate, but the opening is too small to fit the shifter through. Is there a trick on removing the gate, or is it something simple? I really want to try my 4LO. I'm going to fit this gate onto the other jeep that I switched the t-case to.

Which part is not fitting where? I removed all my tcase linkage components from the lever up top to and inluding all linkage parts underneath in about 15 minutes.

uvaldetxj said:

You need to change the whole shifter not just the gate.

Back