• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires for MJ

godchaser

NAXJA Forum User
I just finished lifting my 89 MJ 4.5 inches. I presently have 235 X 75 15 inch BF Goodrich mudterrains. I was thinking to buy 31 x 10.5 BF Goodrich All terrains. Do I need wider rims for these tires? What tires are comparable? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

godchaser said:
I just finished lifting my 89 MJ 4.5 inches. I presently have 235 X 75 15 inch BF Goodrich mudterrains. I was thinking to buy 31 x 10.5 BF Goodrich All terrains. Do I need wider rims for these tires? What tires are comparable? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

the factory 15x7's would be just fine and any rim that takes a 235/75r15 would also take a 31x10.5r15 just as well...

Thanks for the info. I was thinking about some wagon wheels, but why spend the money if I don't need to. Many other goodies I like to buy for it.

Swamper TrXus M/Ts also come in a 31x10.5". They are my absolute favorite general purpose tread. :D
Jeep on!
--Pete

ComancheClub.com

Back