• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cps questions

jimmyc75

NAXJA Forum User
OK heres the deal i just put new lifters pushrods on my 87 jeep cherokee larado has 4.0. I just dorve it to the store and on the way home going on one of those wonderful cobble stone streets and it died going up hill. the first question i have and yes i did a search, is i have no spark, and was wondering if this might be my cps? the outher question is is my coolant overflow bottle had a leak in it and was spraying coolant on to my coil. would this be a possible cause? in my mind it makes sense by I am a chevy minded person.

thanks jim

jimmyc75 said:
OK heres the deal i just put new lifters pushrods on my 87 jeep cherokee larado has 4.0. I just dorve it to the store and on the way home going on one of those wonderful cobble stone streets and it died going up hill. the first question i have and yes i did a search, is i have no spark, and was wondering if this might be my cps? the outher question is is my coolant overflow bottle had a leak in it and was spraying coolant on to my coil. would this be a possible cause? in my mind it makes sense by I am a chevy minded person.

thanks jim
I would go with the water leak first.

Back