• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what year xj's with 4:10's stock

Also some 84 - 86 models - some had select-trac without the disco, some had disco and you never know what ratio they had!

rsalemi said:
Also some 84 - 86 models - some had select-trac without the disco, some had disco and you never know what ratio they had!

I've got an 85, 2.5 and 4.10's.

Yes, there were more 2.5 YJ's, but the YJ axle is leaf sprung while the XJ is coil. You COULD grab one from a 4 banger TJ, but then you loose the HP.

Mine came out of an 1984 2.5 5 spd.

I think it came in most 2.5 XJ's with 5 spd. trannies (I think some autos had 3.73). As with most things Jeep you never know what you will find unless you read the ID tag on the diff cover.

i had an 85 2.5L auto with select-trac and front non-disco. it had CV-joint shafts in it. not sure how common that is but mine had it. it's now part of Eagle's "fleet"

Last edited:
did they put the dana 44 in the older xj's with the 2.5 and 4.10 gears?

i want a d44 rear, 4.10's would be good for me with my 33's and 4.0 and im in HS so money is not easy.
were any of the yj's with 4.10s made with vacum disconects?

brandon11130 said:
did they put the dana 44 in the older xj's with the 2.5 and 4.10 gears?

i want a d44 rear, 4.10's would be good for me with my 33's and 4.0 and im in HS so money is not easy.
were any of the yj's with 4.10s made with vacum disconects?
I know they came in the 2wd mj

sidriptide said:
i had an 85 2.5L auto with select-trac and front non-disco. it had CV-joint shafts in it. not sure how common that is but mine had it. it's now part of Eagle's "fleet"
That was (still is, until I cut it up) a 2.8L -- and as near as I can tell that doesn't appear to be the original front axle. Ratio is 3.73 FWIW

Back