• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electric problem

xjkid77

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 92 xj larado, it has a problem now that i acn't figure out what it is, the headlights keep flashing and it ticks like the flashers are on, plus it won't stay running it runs for about 4secs and shuts off, im thinking that there was a alarm on at one time but i can't figure out how to shut it off or get my jeep to run? or anytghing that would help me out
anybody help me

we put a different cd player in it and it worked fine after that then when i got home after driving it for awile it started to happen, my buddy thinks it is a stock alaram system because the sercurtiy light goes on. and it shuts off the igniction after 4sec of trying to start it so any help would help me out
thanks

Sounds a lot like the stock alarm system. Do you still have the key fod? I think you can work around it by closing all the doors and hood. Make sure all the doors are locked. Unlock the passenger side door with the key. You may have to lock and unlock it a few times to make it work. Try it unlocking it once and open the doors. If it keeps flashing close and lock the door again. Lock and unlock the door twice and then open the door. This might get you in and started. It work on a 93 Grand Cherokee I once had.

Good Luck
chris

mine had an after market alarm when i bought it, but it dint have the fob. Whenever i disconected the baterie, and went to hook it back up, the alarm would go off untill i put the key in and turned it to on. went looking under the dash one day for the alarm, and found it and a switch on the left kick panel to turn it on or off. unhooked everything, and spliced the ignition back together. solved my problem. look for the switch and u might just be able to turn it off. or you could try to take it out compleatly, but be carfull with some of those things, or the car mignt not start.

so i went to jeep today to see if i can disconnect the factory alarm on my jeep they told me no, and it could be one of the switchs that could be the problem. does this sound right?

the alarm keeps going on after i try the key in the door trick, sometimes it works and sometimes it dosen't, who thinks i should just take the jeep and have them fix it?

there was a cd player in and i put a different one in and i hooked the wires up just like i polled them out but one thing i did notic is that teh igniction and the power wires have to be conneted together for the radio to work,

xjkid77 said:
there was a cd player in and i put a different one in and i hooked the wires up just like i polled them out but one thing i did notic is that teh igniction and the power wires have to be conneted together for the radio to work,
Some alarm look for something drawing power, and trigger an alarm. If your radio is connected to one of the wires it check for draw, that could trigger the alarm.
I think the memory wire for the radio is monitored.

Back