• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Better Brakes for added Dana 44's

xjaddiction

NAXJA Member #666
When I went to the Waggy Dana 44's in my Comanche, my brake pedal went to mush with the bigger brakes. It still stopped ok, but the pedal was just about on the floor.

Today I went to a pull-apart junk yard, and got a master cylinder out of a 92 Ford E-350 Van for $15. The newer vans, so far, seem to be the 90 through 92 model years that will bolt in. A friend of mine has figured out that it is a direct bolt on, with the exception of a 2 dollar adapter (that also bolts right on) from the auto store, for the front brake line. The rear bolts right up. The master cylindar from the ford, just bolts in! it has a bigger cylinder, and a little longer stroke.

My brake pedal is firm now, and will just about lock up the 38's. The old MJ stops in a hurry now, and thats with drums in the rear. I'm going to add some discs soon.

Back