• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front end vibration

geardog12

NAXJA Forum User
I have already searched the site and I have posted about this before and still cannot figure out what is causing these vibes. I have a 2000 with a 4 inch lift. Everytime I turn to the right I get terrible vibes and as soon as I straightent the wheel they go away. It only happens when I turn the wheel to the right. I have checked for any rubbing underneath, replaced ujoints on both wheels and had the wheel bearings checked at the same time. Is there anything else that I am missing? Everything underneath seems to be tight and why would I only get the vibes when turning right? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Do you have an adjustable T-bar ,is the axle centered under the front?

I got the same issue actually. I can hear something rattling and shaking near the right wheel. When I check it, everything looks tight and is all greased up nice and smooth. I get my alignment done pretty often ($89 for unlimited alignments for a year at National Tire and Battery), but it doesn't help much.

geardog12 said:
I have the stock track bar. Would an alignment help if it is not centered?
4in lift + stock track bar = axle off centered.
no alignment won't help adj track bar will
it could be tire and lca rubbing.
or it could be front drive shaft binding...
it's hard to say with out looking. try pulling the front shaft and see if it goes away.

I have taken the front shaft out and the vibes are still there. If I buy a adjustable track bar and install it will the alignment work then?

geardog12 said:
I have taken the front shaft out and the vibes are still there. If I buy a adjustable track bar and install it will the alignment work then?
I don't think that your vibes and right turn are related to running a non stock trackbar unless your wheel is rubbing in the wheel well during the turn.
Does the radius of the turn make a difference? For example: if you take a slight turn does it vibe at al? more? less? same? than if you take a sharp turn? Does speed make a difference?

Before you throw parts at it, try to track down the problem.

I had a problem very similar to yours a few months back. I would get a loud noise and vibes when I turned right. It turned out to be a wheel bearing even though I couldn't feel any play in it with the wheel off. Once I had the hub in my hand the problem became more obvious,

There is alot more of a load on the driver side bearing when you are turning right. When the bearing becomes loaded there is alot more stress on the bearing as a whole and problems become more noticeable. I would take a closer look at your drivers side bearing again

Kejtar said:
Before you throw parts at it, try to track down the problem.
A 4" lift means the tires are going to be toed-in from stock, and the stock trackbar also means the axle will be shifted to the left. From everything I'm reading here, the answer to my original question seems to be "no, it isn't aligned" which could very well lead to a situation where the tires scuff on right turns but are forgiving enough on left and straight movement that they aren't noticeable. In simple terms, they're crosseyed and not looking forward...they can see ahead and to one side but not the other. Get it aligned since it apparently hasn't been already. Do that before looking at throwing any other parts at it.

Back