• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

30x9.50's on stock 97

Jeff C.

NAXJA Forum User
Hi-- I did a search and read all the previous posts on this subject but found contradictory info.

How much and where will 30x9.50 BFG AT's on stock 15x7 ZJ Canyon rims rub on my stock 97 XJ? I do not disconnect the sway bar and can deal with rubbing on the lower control arms.

They fit fine on my 96 but the wheel wheels look smaller on the 97.

I had 30's on my 01 XJ mounted on my stock canyon wheels for about 2 months before my lift no issue as long as i stayed connected.

Jeff C. said:
Hi-- I did a search and read all the previous posts on this subject but found contradictory info.

How much and where will 30x9.50 BFG AT's on stock 15x7 ZJ Canyon rims rub on my stock 97 XJ? I do not disconnect the sway bar and can deal with rubbing on the lower control arms.

They fit fine on my 96 but the wheel wheels look smaller on the 97.

I have 30x9.5 MT/R's on 15x8" Canyons on my 97. Before my 3" lift I had maybe some very minor rubbing, nothing to worry about. With 7" wheels it might be zero.

Disconnected you probably will be OK also. BUT the metal sway bar connector (i don't know the techincal name) will be stuffed into your wheelwell a little an make noises and rub a little.

All in all, do not worry about 30 x 9.5 on a stock XJ.

HTH

Jeff-97XJ

If you hit large bumps or carry a lot of weight, the lower rear corner of the rear flares will rub the outer shoulder of the tires. You are correct -- the new body style rear wheel wells are slightly smaller than the old style, and that's where.

In case anyone is interested I mounted 30x9.50 BFG AT ko's on 15x7 ZJ Canyon rims on my stock 97. They look great, no rubbing as of yet (on road only so far) and the Jeep handles much more confidantly. Should have been a factory option.

Back