• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which bumper?

Witch Bumper

• My current custom

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • or JCR stage II with lift time warrenty

Votes: 33 86.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

allthingsoffroad

NAXJA Forum User
i have this one and i am think of selling it to buy a JCR (this one realy cuts back on my aproch angle)
option 1:
ss22.jpg

or the JCR
Option 2:
stage22.jpg

Last edited:
xjnation said:
neither.......................use the existing one for a boat anchor and but the protofab plate bumper if you plan on running a winch

i already am using a dana 30 housing for an anchor and do you have a link for protofab plate bumper and i was gunna use the 2" for my winch

I have the exact JCR bumper you are looking at. I love it.

I beat the hell out of it and it asks for more.

I like the fact that it is made of heavy duty material,

it has two tow points for 3/4 inch shackles,

it has tie in brackets that include strengthening the steering box, (purchase those),

it has great clearance being as close to the body as possible,

mine is fixin to get a warn xd9000i, which has been purchased I just need the winch cradle,

the price is right,

and last but not least the customer service is great.

I just ordered a JCR and it should be coming in soon so I will let you know when I get it. But I like the idea of life time warrenty and the price. I coulnd't have one built for that price or buy one from anyone else with d-ring tabs and a 2in reciever for that price.

XJ_Jeeper01 said:
my vote is neither too. take a look at C4x4 Fab bumpers. i really like them. i have the rear one and am looking at getting their front winch bumper. and they are not that expensive either. the trailblazer winch bumper is pretty cool too. just my 2 cents. www.custom4x4fabrication.com
-Matt

the c4x4 is a stout bumper but on the trails we run it will hang you up on a daily basis...its just too boxie.

XJ_Jeeper01 said:
my vote is neither too. take a look at C4x4 Fab bumpers. i really like them. i have the rear one and am looking at getting their front winch bumper. and they are not that expensive either. the trailblazer winch bumper is pretty cool too. just my 2 cents. www.custom4x4fabrication.com
-Matt
I have Custom 4X4s tapered front winch bumper ordered and am expecting it soon. I can give a full report when I get it and get it put on.

definitely the JRC, I just got mine the other day, couldn't be happier with it. one of the better looking ones plus like the other guy said, you beat the hell out of it and it just wants more.

PAXJ89 said:
I have Custom 4X4s tapered front winch bumper ordered and am expecting it soon. I can give a full report when I get it and get it put on.

I have had mine for a couple of months now. Installation was easy and it really does the job. I mounted my Warn m8000 and have used it a good bit. The approach angle isn't any worse that the factory bumper, even with the added depth and it looks a whole lot better than most IMHO. Enjoy.

XJ_Jeeper01 said:
-Matt

i love my front winch bumper i got from them! thats my burgandy xj on there web site where the winch bumpers are. They are well made and can take a beating

Much better!!! :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back