• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problem with gauge swap install-temp. sensor/sender

KY-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I did the dummy light-gauge swap. Everything went smooth, but the coolant temp sensor (GP Soresen 38-5135) that Advance Auto gave me won't work. The plug on the OEM sensor has a place for one wire, the sensor I bought has two prongs indicating it will need a two prong plug. I am assuming that Advance gave me the wrong one. I searched Advance and Auto Zone for the Neihoff brand (TS82771/AL6206 ) I looked for both numbers and come up empty. Here is what Advance has. <Temp Sender> Can anyone help?

Thanks.

96 4.0L

I *think* I may have figured it out. I'm going to Advance tomorrow to do some comparion checks. I think I need one from a 95. That is what the NAPA one is for. I just happened to rember my old post.

I think you got either a later year or they gave you the temp sensor that talks to the computer, has 2 prongs and is located in the thermostat. You need the one (sometimes called the temp switch) located at the rear of the cylinder head with 1 prong (same year) Either way, I had time to fiddle with the parts at NAPA where I work so I came up with the right looking one even though its listed as 95, it worked, I think it looked the same as kragen ts82771. Is that also Advance!?

Back