• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTH (What The Heck) Turn Signal Issues?

LoneRanger

NAXJA Forum User
So I take out my NSS and re-build it (easy as hell) and now I can start the truck in Neutral again! any way I hop in and go for a spin and notice my damn blinkers dont freaking work! what the heck?

anyway I am not sure that it is related to the NSS at all, as they have been "sticky" and kind of a clicking noise if they werent centered perfectly, etc.... I am hoping it's just a fuse and nothing more but does any one have any other ideas-

L.R.

If one bulb goes out does the whole damn thing stop working?

I pulled the entire turnsignal switch off of the console and cleaned it, all the contacts are now nice and shiny, no green stuff in there~ hopefully this did it. If not is there a relay or something for the turn signals that may have gone bad?

the high beams work fine but that is a completly different plug and wiring harness.

L.R.

LoneRanger said:
If one bulb goes out does the whole damn thing stop working?

I pulled the entire turnsignal switch off of the console and cleaned it, all the contacts are now nice and shiny, no green stuff in there~ hopefully this did it. If not is there a relay or something for the turn signals that may have gone bad?

the high beams work fine but that is a completly different plug and wiring harness.

L.R.

Added plug back into truck, still did not work- looked under the hood for a relay of some kind and found some more fuses under the hood (pass. side) noticed one 15 amp fuse was blown so I replaced it. problem solved. and now my turnsignal switch is not sticky anymore. However when I re-assembled the switch I got it just a bit off because the damn left blinker is flashing when you turn the key! DOH :D

any way 20 minutes to disassemble it all and fix that part-

L.R.

Back