• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Short Throw Shifter

Dunlapx

NAXJA Forum User
Wondering if anyone has put on a short throw shifer. I am wondering if it makes a difference and wheather i should go with B&M or Hurst or some one else. Basiclly if it is worth my time and money or not.

-=Dunlapx=-

I have the Hurst. It pretty much looks the way it does in the Summit catalog. It shifts nice and tight, but it's shifting an AX-15, not a tranny that shifts quickly. I don't think the overall shifts are any quicker, but it does feel nice.

I wouldn't bother with one, if that's all you are doing. On the other hand, I know someone is perfectly happy with his, and even had it powder coated because he doesn't like chrome. I put one in because I was having a 98 tranny, 241J transfercase, two custom drive shafts, and a custom crossmember swapped into my 90 anyway, and thought I might as well do the shifter while I was at it.

My .02.

Fred

Fred said:
I was having a 98 tranny, 241J transfercase, two custom drive shafts, and a custom crossmember swapped into my 90 anyway, and thought I might as well do the shifter while I was at it.
Where do you park :D

Back