• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new turn signal lever

Tre

NAXJA Forum User
well i went to the dealer with my vin to order a new turn signal lever cuz the one in the jeep is all loose and sloppy. as well the washer squirters work intermittently. if you giggle around the lever they'll eventually work.

so part was ordered. came in and i go pick it up. unbox it and it looks like a lever out of a newer style XJ. all black. the one i got in there now is a black/chrome peice. the look totally different.

so my question is. will this new lever work? or did they F'up and order the wrong part.

I wouldn't worry about the colour, as my '90 is all black, and my '89 is black and chrome........is the mechanism itself the same? or is it different? If it's the same then you should be good to go, but if it's different, then there will most likely be a problem then.

well the one on the truck has wiper low/high as well as cruise functions.

this new one has the cruise functions, but its got delay function for the wipers. I just don't feel like tearing it apart to find out i got the wrong part.

So the one you got is for vehicles with intermittent wipers and cruise?

Sounds like what I need - I have to play with the wires coming out the back of the stalk to get my cruise to work. What did the part set you back at the dealer?

Rob

Interesting. I've yet to see one without intermittent wipers on it as well.

I'd ask the dealership where you bought it and explain the differences between it and yours and see what they say. Take a picture of yours, or even take the thing in to show them so they can see the differences themselves. Can't hurt to double check and triple check they didn't screw up at all.

Rob Mayercik said:
So the one you got is for vehicles with intermittent wipers and cruise?

Sounds like what I need - I have to play with the wires coming out the back of the stalk to get my cruise to work. What did the part set you back at the dealer?

Rob
cost me 55.00 Canadian after taxes and in my hand. i'm gonna return it.

Hemenechi said:
if yours isent cruise controll you can just pull on it hard and it pops out so you dont have to take anything apart then show them what yours is
ummm i was under the impression you had to remove the steering wheel then the locking ring to access the screw that holds it in place.
mine has provisions for cruise on it. no whether or not it actually has the cruise motor under the hood is another story.

Back