• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express Lifts - Long Arm, Etc.

GhostDakota

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm still debating which lift to run on my "new" XJ.

Down to a few choices...

So looking over lifts for the XJ I was noticing a few things. I do mostly mud and trails, as well as SOME minor rocks and a lot of highway driving to/from work and friends houses... Here's the three lifts I am looking at:

RE6300 5.5" XJLA Extreme Duty - $1,854.95 + S&H

RE6300.jpg

&

RE6200 5.5" XJ Extreme Duty -$1,462.95 + S&H

RE6200.jpg

&

RE6130 4.5" XJ Super-Flex Kit - $1,006.95 + S&H

RE6130.jpg

Either way I am cutting the fenders and throwing some Bushwacker Flares on there. Any opinions from people with personal experience with either lift? Just curious, thanks!

RE is good stuff. just pick the one that fits your budget and put it on your jeep!!

if you're just doing mud and trails, do you need to lift 5"+? keep in mind, driveshaft, regearing for bigger tires, lockers, etc....

what size tires are you planning?

you should look into the 5.5 RE hybrid from DPG. Dirk is an awesome guy to deal with and has no problem talking and answering any questions you might have.

I have the RE 4" Standard Duty lift on my YJ and love it. I actually work for a Jeep aftermarket parts company, so price really isn't an issue as I get an employee discount. I want to run the 33's off my YJ as the YJ is up for sale. I am regearing already to 4.10's, maybe 4.56's. I'm most likely putting an ARB in the rear.. but I may just stick with an EZ locker or something cheap. SYE, etc is in the works as well as all the other little fun things I need to worry about :)

You want to run your YJs 33s? I'd recommend at least 4.56 gearing then. If they are 33x12.50s then go with the 5.5" lift; if they are narrower (9.50 or 10.50) you can get them under a 4.5" XJ with a little judicious cutting and bumpstopping.

SYE it either way, so whatever kit you get you can get credit for the t-case drop and RE discos and apply that toward the JKS Quicker Discos.

I still haven't heard enough either way on the RE 5.5" XJLA to convince me that it's the way to go. TnT Customs is building Long-Arms that have been better received than the RE one so that's something to keep an eye on. http://www.tntcustoms.com

I'm running what is effectively a 4.5" version of the 5.5" HD, and other than some minor hiccups with it I have little to complain about regarding the RE6130 or 6200. With the 6200 you get the HD trackbar and mount, pony up a couple extra bucks to get the trackbar brace as well. If you go with the 4.5" I'd still recommend that upgrade anyway.

if you are going with RE lift, which i highly recommend, i love mine, dont buy direct. A buddy of mine has a company, gave me a great deal. My lift is only the 3.5", but thats about $725 most places. He gave me the lift, the tcase drop, and the rubicon mfg monotubes for $795 shipped. That is a hell of a deal. look it up at

www.Americanmudder.com

you wont be sorry.

i like the clayton lift my self. It has strong arms, and uses the rock krawler suspenision, life time warrenty also.

Thanks for the info again everyone. I'm trying to find anyone who runs the RE 5.5" LA kit. I just want to see what they have to say about personally running it.

As I said a couple times, I work for a Jeep Aftermarket Parts company... one of the big ones that you all know. So again, I don't really mind about "saving" money as I will be doing that already dealing with any of the suspension manufacturers that we deal with.

One of the guys in my club (Blue Mountain Jeep Alliance) has a 6.5" Long Arm setup. He said he may stop by work today to show it to me. I was going to ask him a little more about it as far as ride quality on/off-road. Flex, should be obvious :)

Back