• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Uber Newbie question...

RedlineMJ

NAXJA Forum User
Long time listener, first time caller...quick question, requires a quick answer...will a 3.5" Skyjacker lift kit for a XJ fit my MJ? Also i'm quite sure that 31x10.5's with clear without rubbing, but is it possible to run 33x12.5's with some major cutting? feel free to laugh if thats a crazy idea...i'm a car guy, import car guy at that so all this is like learning a new language...oh and great site guys!

Redline

3.5 and 33s will fit fine with a lot of cutting and some bumpstops.

RedlineMJ said:
Long time listener, first time caller...quick question, requires a quick answer...will a 3.5" Skyjacker lift kit for a XJ fit my MJ? Also i'm quite sure that 31x10.5's with clear without rubbing, but is it possible to run 33x12.5's with some major cutting? feel free to laugh if thats a crazy idea...i'm a car guy, import car guy at that so all this is like learning a new language...oh and great site guys!

Redline

The rear springs for MJ & XJ are different, but the front suspension is identical. I have a Skyjacker 3" kit on my MJ that I'd be willing to sell.

Yea i figured the rear leafs were different. However its a add-a-leaf and i've been told it'll work fine, its a full leaf pack that wouldn't work...i was gonna wait and do front leaf conversion and go out 5-7" but i'm in a rush to get it done now, car goes into storage in a few weeks. I need two new tires and i can't justify spending the cash on the small 235's so i'd like to up it to 33's...the kit is used and local, and a somewhat decent price...

Redline

Back