• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Olympic Rock Bumper (rear) question

JT_Law

NAXJA Forum User
Am thinking of one of these for my '98 XJ, but noticed that if a person takes the wrap around bumper plastic off, part of the flare bracket shows.
The way Olympic mounted it, they bobbed the plastic off even with front of tail lights (looks like kaka)

Wondering if this is why people are putting aftermarket or TJ flares on????

If so, which model/year flares for rear work to cover the mounting strip down to bottom of wheel well?

Here's a link to the bumper, click on the enlargment to see the hash job of mounting with original plastic (modified) in place

http://www.4wd.com/shop/productdeta...at=&division=2&category=346&productsku=550154

Thanks

Last edited:
I put a tomken rear bumper on my 98, it reuses the rear corner pieces and looks almost stock except for the built in 2" receiver. It has two L shaped brackets that you put on the face of the bumper that are not really needed and may require some grinding to fit depending on whether you put them outside the endcaps or inside out of sight.
If you do order a tomken order it 'in the white' and paint it youself, their powder coat sucks..

don't by the Olympic rear bumper if its anything like their front bumper its a pile of trash.i bent my front bumper rolling into a tree at like 4 miles an hour.i happen to look back as somebody that was going through a mud hole.my foot lifted off the brake just enough to let the truck roll forward about 6 inches .i bumped a tree and bent the thing.their back bumper looks a lot like the front one.i wouldn't doubt it if they are the same bumper with different brackets.

Back