• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tailgate corner guards????(porch puppy specifically)

Mom

NAXJA Member #1154
How thick was the metal you used on your tailgate guards? Also, how did you secure them to the tailgate? We are getting ready to give this a try and need a little info.
Mom (Phyllis)

Hey Phyllis, I'm the new owner of the hatch guards he made. Porch Puppy cut up his junk(gasp!) and he no longer needed them.
picture.JPG

They look to be made out of 14GA material and they were secured with rivets. I havn't installed them yet as I'm waiting till I get my new hatch.

Sorry but I must fess up. I did the damage myself. Tail lights out tailgate crunched. Door knob button gone, scratches and dents all over, I even blew my air bag on a trail.

Thanks for the info and pictures. Can't believe porch puppy cut up his jeep! He was so particular about not scratching it I can't imagine him doing it on purpose.

FarmerMatt said:
Stop letting the kid drive your junk & your Jeep will last much longer...

Go get back on yer tractor and harvest me some more pistachios :wave:

I haven't done "much" damage to that thing.

where do those mount?

wow, thats cool,i want a set, or are those the only set in the world...:laugh3:

at least we got to see a pic.....
91 Jeep Project said:
My guess is on the corner of the hatch......

Jes beat me............:twak:

Porch Puppy said:
Credibity! Don't let him ride with you.. :lecture:

What happened to the top secret full body dove tail idea? That Sinclair guy will corrupt anybody he can.

-Jon

Back