• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Washer fluid resevior SIZE?

Red97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 XJ, was at wally world the other day and bought some RAIN-X washer fluid additive. It claims to help fight off road grime, MUD, salt, etc. I figure can't hurt on the trails and this winter with the frozen goo....

but it is in concentrate and has a ratio, SOOOO does anyone know how much washer fluid a 97 will hold?

My manual does not say.

Thanks,
Jason

when my 97 is empty it takes almost a full gallon. i'd say about 5 oz left in the bottle when the rez is full- so 1 gal I think

btw- I've tried washer fluid w/rainX, and find the normal rainX on the windshield works a lot better.

-B

I've emptied my 98's a few times and used an entire 1 gallon jug and not had it run over as in full. My wifes Olds takes a gallon and a half and the both TJ's take a gallon. I think a gallon is a pretty accurate amount.

RichP said:
I've emptied my 98's a few times and used an entire 1 gallon jug and not had it run over as in full.
Ditto on my '96

Why the heck wouldn't some rocket scientist back in the day when this thing was on the drawing board decided to put in a washer tank that would take slightly more than a gallon of fluid. Many times I stood in Wally Marts parking lot, in the snow, holding a jug of wiper fluid with 2 cups of fluid left in it! No biggie, just annoying. My wifes Toyota mini van on the other hand holds a gallon when the idiot light on the dash comes on. Gotta love them Toyota engineers.

I have the same rain-x concentrate. I mix it in a gallon washer fluid jug, and just use that to fill every time. The concentrate will make many jugs. If you already have fluid in there worst case it will be a little diluted but it won't matter. you just don't want it to concentrated. Eventually after a few gallons it will be whatever ratio you mixed it.

I also agree regular rain-x works better.

I liked Rain-X at first, untill I found out what a mess it makes if you don't use it all the time. Once it starts to wear off you can't see nutten, of course you can't apply it in the rain.

Have you tried using 2 tanks. I installed an 89 tank (drivers side) and you can run one line feeding the other tank from the dash when your dash light comes on. I moved mine to fit one of the small batt where the old tank was.

Back