• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chassis stiffeners with a LA suspension

4X4Chippie

NAXJA Forum User
Are there any problems with the fitment of either the Detour USA or T&J Performance chassis stiffeners if you are using a LA suspension?

I am leaning towards Detour USA, I like the integrated rock sliders. Does anyone know how thick the tubing is that they use?

Which LA kit?

Ours work together as a system and our stiffners have been installed with some of the other kits out there. Best thing to do is call and ask the manufacturer

Bob

Rock Yacht said:
Which LA kit?

Ours work together as a system and our stiffners have been installed with some of the other kits out there. Best thing to do is call and ask the manufacturer

Bob

What Bob said, just call up whoevers parts you are after. The Clayton LA kit and the Detour sliders are a good combo. Or if you are looking at the T&T kit, then I would recomend purchasing their stiffeners as well..........:lecture:

Yes, you'd have problems with those 2...

T&J Performance stiffeners bolt to the forward leaf spring mount and the LCA mounts in addition to being welded on to the frame. I'm pretty sure the Detours also bolt similarly.

The long arms I've seen, have you cut the LCA mounts off the uniframe.

With TnT's, you'd be OK. I like the looks of theirs, but it seems like they would cause some minor problems for those of us with RE drop brackets and braces.

I am going to try to put ona TnT kit with my T&J's stiffeners and sliders. I will cut off the short leg that goes down to the front mount with the front mount. The tricky part will be the bolts that go though the frame rails will also have to go through the tubes that run along the rails. The method I'm plainint on will be to over drill these holes and sleve them, but not sure how I will messure and start them. If the trans and TC were out I could do it from the inside but I would like to be able to plan it from outside the rails.

I heard the guy at Detours USA will make them for your specific long arm kit if needed. You might want to give him a call. I was looking to get them for my 95 xj with a full traction long arm kit and there were several people on here that had that combination.

Back