• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys Brake line extension

Pogiboy

NAXJA Forum User
A few people showed interest in this, so here it is.

Rustys sends a brake line extension with thier 3 inch lift. A lot of people have had trouble, including me, with how the hecc it works. Here it is installed.
P4210051.JPG

What Rustys wants you to do is disconnect your brake line and hook it back up like shown. The bigger hole on it is the same size as the oem hole on the stock bracket. But really when you think about it, there is a MUCH easier method to this without disconnecting the line.

1. Start by taking the C clip off the line at the bracket.

P4210055.JPG

2. Slide the brake line out of the stock bracket and straiten the hard line out enough so that it will reach its new location on the Rustys Bracket. I was able to straiten the line so I could still hook it back into the plastic clamp on the unibody.

3. Take your Rustys bracket and a dremel, or anything like that, and grind a slot just big enough for the hard line to slip through.

P4210053.JPG

4. Using the bolt Rustys sent with the kit, bolt the other end of the Rustys bracket to the old mounting bracket connected the frame.

5. Slide the hard line into the slot you made and push the line back until it sets in place.

P4210054.JPG

6. Take the C clip and slid it back onto the brake line the same way it was before you took it off. This will hold the line still so it wont slip out.

P4210051.JPG

7. Put your Rustys sticker on your jeep if you like. And Bada Bing Bada Boom, your done.

This took me all of 15 minutes. Its not rocket science after all. Just a easy quick way to avoid bleeding your brake lines!! Good luck to all.

sweet! thank you :thumbup: I'm installing my Rusty's 3" kit soon... I've been reading everything that goes along with the installation.

For got one thing. If I could do it again I would make the slot on the side of the bracket, not the bottom. That way it wont slip out if I lose the clip somehow.

cw50must said:
Did you install the ones for the front? Just wondering if anyone had some pictures of the fronts installed?

Instead of using the extended bracket, I've heard of guys re-drilling a new hole for the existing bracket

Bowzer said:
Instead of using the extended bracket, I've heard of guys re-drilling a new hole for the existing bracket

Unbolt the OEM hard-line, note the two holes.
CAREFULLY unbend the steel line to mount lower.
Drill a pair of new holes.
Rebolt with a self-tapping screw.

The front lines are WAY long enough, no problem there. The only thing I can see with redrilling a hole for the factory bracket is my bracket seems to be welded to the frame. Maybe its just me but I think grinding a slot a 1/4 inch deep would beat trying to drill a hole in the unibody.

Back