• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wtf! Code 45??

olivedrabcj7

NAXJA Member #1384
So im driving down the road yesterday in my 97 and my check engine light comes on. no biggie, i pull the code. 45.

I'm lookin at this thread right now http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54095&highlight=codes

and it says
" 45 Turbo boost limit exceeded (engine was shut down by logic module) "

Last time i looked under there i didnt have a turbo. Somebody explain what my jeep is b*tching about this time. :twak:

olivedrabcj7 said:
So im driving down the road yesterday in my 97 and my check engine light comes on. no biggie, i pull the code. 45.

I'm lookin at this thread right now http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54095&highlight=codes

and it says
" 45 Turbo boost limit exceeded (engine was shut down by logic module) "

Last time i looked under there i didnt have a turbo. Somebody explain what my jeep is b*tching about this time. :twak:
Those codes are labled 96 and older, yours is a 97 thats newer.
Could it be 445?

Last edited:
I got this ECU code table off of another website. Not sure it's correct thought.

Code Description
----- ------------
44 Battery temp. sensor voltage out of limit
45 Sack not found
46+** Charging system voltage too high

Is there a way to retreive the codes like you can in a TJ. In a TJ you turn the key on and off 3 times with in 5 seconds. Is there anything like that on the XJ.

Hayden
Sorry for the slight highjack

Lou said:
Ok.

The only thing I've found for a '45' is 'Problem detected in the Overdrive solenoid circuit'.
wtf is that and what does it do? it happened while i was in OD. im guessing my tranny is probably bitchin at me about having to turn 35's in overdrive. :rattle:

olivedrabcj7 said:
wtf is that and what does it do? it happened while i was in OD. im guessing my tranny is probably bitchin at me about having to turn 35's in overdrive. :rattle:
I doubt it, the code is a electrial failure, wiring or the selonid itself.

langer1 said:
I doubt it, the code is a electrial failure, wiring or the selonid itself.
ditto.

That sort of description -- and I not certain that it is the correct desc for '45' -- usually indicates that the ECU is not able to determine whether or not the solenoid has been activated, by detecting the current flowing through it.

Last edited:
Back