• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ready to START THE SPENDING$$

mg614

NAXJA Forum User
OK. Thanks to all of you I have decided to go with the 3.5" or 4.5" RE lift with full leafs. I want to start buying some of the additional parts now so early next year when I buy the lift I'm ready to go. I think the 1st purchase will be the SYE and CV drive shaft. Is RE a good way to go for those components? The plan is to have my SYE, CV shaft, wheels and tires before I order the lift. (I have already picked up a roof rack that will not be installed until the Jeep deserves it!) Also- the SYE and CV shaft will work for either lift correct? Thanks for the help.
-2000 XJ Limited.

Hold off on the SYE kit. When you order it you are going to need to take some measurements for the shaft as well as you will most likely need shims. There is no point in ordering a shaft when you aren't sure of the length. You could end up with a shaft too long or short. Tom Woods could proably have one to you in less than 3 days (I usually get my stuff from him in 2 days). That is what I would (did) do.

mg614 said:
OK. Thanks to all of you I have decided to go with the 3.5" or 4.5" RE lift with full leafs. I want to start buying some of the additional parts now so early next year when I buy the lift I'm ready to go. I think the 1st purchase will be the SYE and CV drive shaft. Is RE a good way to go for those components? The plan is to have my SYE, CV shaft, wheels and tires before I order the lift. (I have already picked up a roof rack that will not be installed until the Jeep deserves it!) Also- the SYE and CV shaft will work for either lift correct? Thanks for the help.
-2000 XJ Limited.
Agreed with the post above, hold off on the SYE.

What about wheels and/or tires?

What else are you doing with your jeep? Surely you are going stop at just a 3.5" lift, eh?

OBA? WJ conversion? Rear discs? Warn Hubs? New axles?

How about bumpers, whiches, skids, rocker protection, cb, stereo, bounce house, strippers in a hot tub, quarter protection, trimming, flares, Mr. Microphone, lockers, pink paint...

You get the idea.

Plan your build out as completely as possible, including things you want to do down the road, and then check off stuff you can do now. You can aquire some of that stuff now and wait for build day (I did skids, rocker protection, wheels and tires and lift the first weekend).

gcurtis said:
How about bounce house, strippers in a hot tub, quarter protection, trimming, flares, Mr. Microphone, lockers, pink paint...

You get the idea.

Plan your build out as completely as possible, including things you want to do down the road, and then check off stuff you can do now. You can aquire some of that stuff now and wait for build day (I did skids, rocker protection, wheels and tires and lift the first weekend).

BAWAHA!!! thats good. Also you will most likely need a new E-brake cable for the drivers side...you can get one cheap by ordering one for like a 1993 YJ passenger side....Mr. Microphone

I see... Guess I'll start with the wheels and tires. All lift components should be bought at time of install it seems.
BTW- How'd you know about my custom pink paint job?? I told your sister not to tell!

Back