• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick dual diaphragm booster swap question

BigDaveZJ

NAXJA Forum User
Working on doing this to my dad's XJ right now. Is there any reason I can't just use the original master cylinder as opposed to having to make the new brake lines and everything? The real reason I ask is one of the fittings on the used MC I bought with the dual diaphragm booster is stuck, stripped the fitting, figured if I can just use the old one it'd save some time and work.

Last edited:
Nope...old master with dual booster no worky... May have to get a new master for the dual diaphram booster... They should only be around 80 bucks at the local parts store... Look into the Madxj.com write up for the master cyl line adapters... best of luck.... You will enjoy the better braking, I know I do....

Scott.

Why do you guys say the original unit won't work?

The old style master cylinder is too long. If used with a dual diaphragm booster, it would end up in the middle of the windshield washer fluid bottle. The mc used with the dual diapragm booster is much shorter, but the ww bottle still needs to be slid forward a bit on its slotted mount ears.

Back