• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question for those who have disabled the ABS

MightyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 2000 with ABS and (of course) a bent D35 rear axle, which I am going to replace with something that's NOT a D35 pretty soon - anyway, I've disabled the ABS by pulling the ABS Soleniod & ABS Motor fuses, and the ABS light relay.

The brakes seem to work OK, but it seems like the front dives and the rear picks up more under braking - has anyone else noticed anything similar, or anything odd when the ABS is disabled?

Thanks!

MightyXJ said:
I've got a 2000 with ABS and (of course) a bent D35 rear axle, which I am going to replace with something that's NOT a D35 pretty soon - anyway, I've disabled the ABS by pulling the ABS Soleniod & ABS Motor fuses, and the ABS light relay.

The brakes seem to work OK, but it seems like the front dives and the rear picks up more under braking - has anyone else noticed anything similar, or anything odd when the ABS is disabled?

Thanks!
Yes it will, and if you have good driving skills you can stop faster without "ABS". ABS was added for people that don't know how to stop with skidding and loosing control. Rear end collisions have gone up because of ABS.

Back