• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YJ flares?

racer122

NAXJA Forum User
I found a killer deal on some YJ flares (um, free). Anyho...

I know everybody is using TJ flares to open up the wells, but is there any reason not to use YJ flares in the same way?

Anybody done it? Anybody got pics?

BTW, I have searched here, Pirates, JU, Ilovejeeps, etc, all over da place.

WHY???????? TJ flares look so much better

i slapped yj flares on my trail rig for the same reason; price, 100 dollars less than tj flares, and in the front they are about equal to the tj flare . the rear yj is a few inches smaller than the tj flare, but depending on your lift/tire combo it may bernough for ya. you cannot cut the yj rear flare and mount it half on the door, because the plastic is softer than a tj flare and it will flop. also it is too small to look right cut half on the door, the yj fits almost perfectly to the curve of the rear door.
i hope i covered most everything,. let me know if you have more questions.

red93xj said:
WHY???????? TJ flares look so much better

there are some of us who believe form follows function, I don't give a damn what it looks like, so long as it functions, and it gets me home.

If I didn't have to have flares to keep it street legal, I wouldn't run them at all.

you're entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong :D

yj flares are good, especially when u are getting the same deal i got on them, if u wanna make them look pretty, you can do what i did and spend about 20 for the lenses that go in them

Back