• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

VIAIR 450C 100% duty cycle at 100 PSI

I have one connected to a 5 gallon tank. I can air up 4 33x10.50 tires from 12psi to 35psi in about ten minutes. I have never really timed it exactly.

I have been very pleased with this setup. They are loud and get hot.
I guess I have had it about a year.

They are OK. We used a few in a custom product for a customer. They take about 5 minutes to get a 5 gallon tank up to 100psi. They get hot as heck and make a fair amount of noise, but seem to keep working. If the tank is already pumped up, you will be fine airing up a set of 35's, but starting from scratch with no tank, it can take a few minutes. It beats the heck out of no pump or one of the cheap walmart units, but for the money, I might thing of either doing an OBA or a CO2 setup.

old_man said:
They are OK. We used a few in a custom product for a customer. They take about 5 minutes to get a 5 gallon tank up to 100psi. They get hot as heck and make a fair amount of noise, but seem to keep working. If the tank is already pumped up, you will be fine airing up a set of 35's, but starting from scratch with no tank, it can take a few minutes. It beats the heck out of no pump or one of the cheap walmart units, but for the money, I might thing of either doing an OBA or a CO2 setup.

I can get them for about half the price of an arb compresser which took about 5 minutes per tire on 35's from 7 to 30 psi. These are supposed to be much quicker. My lil jobsite compresser gets so hot you cant touch it either and has been working strong for 5 years......I can put inthe whole system for less than a power tank.

The are a minimum of three ARB compressors. Dad's jeep is running one and I put another in a Toy for a friend and then I have one. I'm still running that small Thomas compressor which is still a tiny bit faster than the ARB and by the time I air up one of my 35's from 7 to 24 and the other three are done with the 450. I've been to lazy to clean out a spot under the hood for the 450 so it's setup as a portable right now.

Tank size doesn't really matter. The Toy has a three gallon tank and it's pretty well done before one tire is filled. I have no tank on my portable setup and dad is running a converted fire extinguisher.

Installed the 460C, which is basically a redesigned head as compared to 450, hooked up to 5 gal. tank. Airs 32x9.50 tsl's from 12 to 34 in just under 5 minutes, with first two tires right around 30 seconds. Purchased comp ($210),tank ($55), and switch ($20) from VTKUSTOMS and plumbed rest with hardware store parts and relay for on/off switch. Does run hot and is quieter than I figured it would be. Takes off lug nuts easily with 450 lbs. ft. Husky 1/2" drive impact also. Haven't tried a bead re-seat yet.

Back